Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Truths I Learned at Heber Springs

Here are some truths I learned while we were camping:

1. Ryan is a pyromaniac. He likes to use an entire bottle of lighter fluid just to see the flash

2. Three family size tents will fit on a camping tent pad (for you inexperienced campers, it is only designed for two)

3. You can hear people snoring from neighboring tents. Sound travels long distances in the wild.

4. Kids will never stop eating as long as food is visible

5. Karis will pee in her panties but she refuses to pee in the lake (there's a thinker)

6. You CAN stand a party barge up on its nose (we not only stood it up but sunk the front by a couple of feet.

7. Jennifer moves extremely fast when a boat she is on begins to flip.

8. Scuba diving flippers don't float. Now the lake owns one of mine.

9. David can three flashlights in one night (that takes talent)

10. Your back can be twisted backwards into a pretzel shape with enough force. That force is achieved by swan diving off of a 30ft cliff.

11. David can shoot a 15ft tower of flame out of an ordinary fish cooker. (no exaggeration)

12. Ryan can achieve NFL type speed when standing by a fish cooker/flame thrower.

13. In reference to #1 I guess he is a pyro wanna be.

14. You can successfully suck motor oil out of a boat motor with a piece of PVC pipe.

15. A party barge can carry 7 people beyond its maximum capacity. Maybe the cause of #6.

16. Kids won't jump off of something 6ft off the ground but will flail themselves off of a 30ft cliff.

17. I guess that ends the debate of, "If all your friends jumped off of a cliff would you do it too?", the answer is YES.

18. A boat anchor does not always hold a boat in place.

19. A dive flag can disappear while you are 20ft under water.

20. Memories aren't made unless something goes wrong and you can't laugh as long about perfection.


To all of my camping friends, I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. There are some pictures on my wife's site. When my wife get's home I will try to upload my swan/prezel dive.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am crying I'm laughing so hard!!! I had already forgotten some of those things and how funny they were, like Ryan running/jumping/flying away from the fishcooker. I definitely think this should be an annual event! Great, great memories!!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like all of you had a great time. What a joy it is to have friends to share your laughter with, even if it is at Ryan.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Hahahaha!Awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

TJ, you are an incredible write and composer of thoughts!! I laughed out loud and then called Caro in (who has sworn off blogs) to read it to her.

I think the one about your friends jumping off cliffs is the funniest. I would think Ryan dashing away from the fish cooker would be, but I've seen him dash away in fright from his own grill at his house, so it wasn't a new one for me.. ;)

Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

i would LOVE to see the pretzel dive. you know, since we're sweltering here at 68 degrees :) we miss you guys so much and wish we had been there!!!!! keep that sense of humor..

Jennifer said...

Hey, T.J. There was one false in there! That was Tammy that ran to the back of the boat as we were sinking! I didn't know what was happening until we were already sunk and back afloat!

Anonymous said...

21. David is brilliant. (I am under no duress as I type this. It's just an observable, known fact.)

Jamie said...

I can run pretty fast too when there is fire involved....although there was this one time....

Amanda and Justin Dreyer said...

Hey TJ- I don't think Jeff could get the calendar thing sent to me before he left, but can I still come Thursday night? 6:30? You can email me @ dreyeramanda@yahoo.com

Thanks!